The Malt Group Corporation, Alpha Brewing Operations, Automated Extractions, Brewmation, Lotus Beverage Alliance, Stout Tanks and Kettles, and Twin Monkeys Beverage Systems, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies (“Malt Group”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains our practices with respect to Personal Data we collect and process in connection with your relationship with us. This includes information we collect through, or in association with, our websites located at www.lotusbevalliance.com, www.alphabrewops.com, www.conical-fermenters.com, www.stouttanks.com, www.brewmation.com, www.automatedextractions.com, and www.twinmonkeys.net, together with all products we may offer from time to time via our website, social media sites (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube) or otherwise through your interactions with us (the website and products, collectively, the “Services”).
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Data”). Please review the following to understand how we process Personal Data about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
- What Information Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Data from and about you through the Services, including:
- Information You Share With Us. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone, or in-person, for example, when you create an account, sign-up to receive emails from us, contact us, or participate in our market research surveys, questionnaires, written correspondence, or when you purchase a product, process a payment, and provide your shipping and mailing address.
- Information Collected Automatically From You. For example, through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags (such as Google Analytics), and as a result of your use of and access to the Services, or through your interactions with us on social media websites.
- Information Collected From our Service Providers. The information we collect may vary based upon the Services we are providing to you, or you are providing to us. For example, we may collect the following information from vendors such as payment information from our financing partners.
Also, the information we collect may vary based upon the Services we are providing to you, or you are providing to us. For example, we may collect the following information from you, such as, your name, email address, phone number and mailing address, when you request a quote through one of our websites.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, as described below in the section captioned “Your Choices” it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
Finally, we may collect data from or about you that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Data, it will be treated as Personal Data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
- How Do We Process Personal Data?
- Operational Uses. We process your Personal Data as part of our operations, which include :
- Providing or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, and verifying customer information;
- Managing your inquiries, responding to inquiries and requests via email, and communicating with you with regard to the Site;
- Communicating with you by email, text message (SMS, MMS), telephone, push notification, about applications, payments or changes to your account information, conduct user surveys, and marketing communication;
- Operating, maintaining, and improving the quality of the Services and such content, products and/or services as we may make available through the Services;
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies;
- Endeavoring to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties; and
- For other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- Marketing Uses. We may process your Personal Data as part of our marketing, which include:
- We process your Personal Data to send messages, including text messages, to you about our loyalty programs, events, promotions, new offerings and special offers.
- Personal Data you enter into incomplete or unsubmitted forms on the Services may be processed to send you reminders about completing the forms, as well as to save that information to make completing the forms easier. These communications will only occur with your prior consent, if such consent is required in accordance with applicable laws.
- We also process Personal Data collected through social media platforms and web tracking technologies to market to and understand our audience.
- We do not disclose Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Sharing of Personal Data. Some of the above processing involves sharing collected Personal Data with third parties, including service providers and other third parties:
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf or on behalf of the owner of one of our properties, or give them access to collect it. This includes, without limitation, third parties that send communications, process payments, analyze data, or collection services, provide marketing assistance, or create, host and/or provide customer service on our behalf. These third parties may have access to Personal Data in order to provide these services to us or on our behalf. These third parties may also receive, or be given access to collect, Site Usage Information and other non-Personal Data for their own use;
- We may share Personal Data we collect in aggregated form, with certain business partners, such as agencies for analytics and reporting purposes, in order to provide us with information about the use of the Services and levels of engagement with the Services and to allow us to enter into new business relationships;
- We may share Personal Data to market and promote our, and our affiliates’, products and offerings; and
- We share Personal Data with third parties when we believe it is required by, or necessary to comply with, applicable law.
See the Your Choices section below for information about how you can make decisions about how we process Personal Data, including how to opt out of certain marketing communications.
- Protecting Your Personal Data
We employ reasonable physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of Personal Data. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
- Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of Personal Data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following instructions provided in this Privacy Notice or in communications sent to you. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to identify yourself and authenticate your requests.
Note, however, that we may request certain reasonable additional information (that may include Personal Data) to help us authenticate the request and/or to clarify or understand the scope of such requests.
These rights vary depending on the particular laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you.
- Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
If you wish to access, review, or make changes to certain Personal Data you have provided to us through the Services, you may do so at any time through your account on the Services, at our locations, and/or by contacting us as provided below.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights.
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their Personal Data not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their Personal Data is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
- Your Canadian Privacy Rights
Residents of Canada are permitted to request and obtain from us information respecting the existence, use, and disclosure of their Personal Data as well as access to that information (subject to certain exceptions pursuant to applicable laws). Without limiting the above, residents of Canada will, upon request:
- Be informed of whether we hold Personal Data about you;
- Be provided with an account of third parties to which we have disclosed your Personal Data;
- Be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Data and have it amended as appropriate; and
- Be provided with information about our policies and practices with respect to the management of Personal Data, including: the name or title, and address, of the person who is accountable for our privacy policies and practices; the means of gaining access to Personal Data; a description of the type of Personal Data held by us, including a general account of its use; a copy of any brochures or other information that explain our policies, standards, or codes; and what Personal Data is made available to related organizations.
- Your Choices
You have the ability to make certain choices about how we communicate with you, and how we process certain Personal Data.
- Communications Opt-Out. You may opt-out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received or by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. If you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Please also review our Text Messaging Terms of Service for more information.
- Location Information. If you want to limit or prevent our ability to receive location information from you, you can deny or remove the permission for certain Services to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instructions for instructions on how to do this.
- Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising. You may opt out of certain tracking technologies through your device’s or browser’s cookie and/or advertising settings (including by blocking, deleting, or restricting cookies, or resetting your device’s applicable advertising ID). Consult your device and/or browser documentation for more information about how to do this.
Please note that blocking, deleting, or restricting cookies may negatively affect the performance or certain functionality of the Services, and opting out of online behavioral advertising will not prevent the delivery of ads, but rather may result in more repetitive and/or less relevant advertisements.
To opt out of many online behavioral advertising mechanisms, including Facebook, Google, and others, you can use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out service and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, and certain Google advertising functionality, you may do so using Google’s opt-out tool.
- Other Important Information About Personal Data and the Services.
- Collection of Personal Data from Children. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 18. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from any child, we will dispose of that information. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of eighteen (18) has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third-Party Websites and Services. As a convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services. When you access these third-party services, you leave our Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. You access these third-party services at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the privacy notice or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process Personal Data.
- Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal Data we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
- Payment Information. Payments made by users are processed by third party payment providers and are subject to their privacy policies and terms of service.
- https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout Google Analytics
- http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html Adobe Analytics
- https://www.facebook.com/help/2207256696182627/ – Facebook Analytics
- https://adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated – Google Ads Preferences
- https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/ – Facebook Ads Preferences
- https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings – Bing Ads Preferences
- http://optout.aboutads.info/ – General Cookie Opt Out Tool
- https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads – Twitter
- https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/90274/manage-your-linkedin-ads-settings?lang=en – Linkedin
- https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/personalization-and-data – Pinterest
- Major Web Browsers:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari on Mac- https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Safari Mobile Devices – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- International Use. Your Personal Data will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your Personal Data in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and Personal Data may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
- Your California Privacy Rights
This Section applies to California residents only and complies with California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA and not defined here have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
I. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Categories of Personal Data
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Data
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)).
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information when you apply for a job with us.
- Education information (as defined in 20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 43 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of Personal Data, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
Use of Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following business and commercial purposes
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, which may include events and special offers for products and services.
- Communicating with you by email, mail, text message (SMS, MMS), telephone, and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We will not use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice and obtaining your consent.
Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone, or in-person, for example, when you create an account, sign-up to receive emails from us, contact us, or participate in our market research surveys or studies;
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags (such as Google Analytics), or through your interactions with us on social media websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube).
- Operating Systems and Platforms. For example, we automatically collect information relating to the device used to access our Services, such as IP address, device identifiers, and browser information.
- Social Networks. For example, from social media networks (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube), including if you contact us for customer service support through our social media pages.
- Service Providers. For example, through our Service Providers, such as ZoomInfo, to obtain publicly available Personal Data, such as your contact information (including your phone number). We may use this information to contact you regarding our products and services.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data for no longer than is needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have on an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of compliance with laws (such as, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Disclosing of Personal Data
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Data for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- Our Service Providers.
- Our affiliated entities.
- Advertising Networks
- Social Networks
- Service Providers
- Data Analytics Providers
- Our partners or prospective partners in order to provide us and/or our affiliates and partners with information about the use of the Services and levels of engagement with the Services, to allow us to enter into new business relationships, and to allow us to market products or services on their behalf.
Finally, we may also share Personal Data with government agencies or regulators when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, health, or safety, and/or that of our users, visitors and others.
We Do No Sell or Share Personal Data as defined by the CCPA.
II. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. However, we do not disclose Personal Data protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
In addition, you have the following CCPA rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the Personal Data we collected, used, disclosed, sold and shared about you in the past 12 months. This includes a request to know any or all of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Data;
- The categories of Personal Data that we have sold, shared or disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom your Personal Data was sold, shared or disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing your Personal Data; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you.
- Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of Personal Data we have collected and maintained about you in the past 12 months.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data we collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-In to Financial Incentives: You have the right to opt-in to financial incentives. You also have the right to opt-out at any time. Please see the “Notice of Financial Incentive(s)” section below for more information about the financial incentive(s) we offer.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights. We generally will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data about you. Once we receive and verify your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate Personal Data about you.
Some of our Services, however, may require your Personal Data. If you choose not to provide your Personal Data that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services. In addition, as described in the section captioned “Your Choices” in the Privacy Notice, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
III. Submitting a Verified Consumer Request
To exercise your rights, you must provide us with sufficient information to allow us to verify your identity, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide to us, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by:
- Calling us at 402-442-4774
- Visiting www.lotusbevalliance.com
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Data. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Data or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with at least two (2) pieces of information, such as name and email address.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, in order to confirm that person or entity’s authority to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity, we require an email be sent to info@MaltGroup.com, along with all of the below items:
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, provide one or more of the following: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) written permission from the California resident, or (3) power of attorney.
- Sufficient information to verify the authorized agent’s identity, depending on the nature of the request.
- To verify the identity of the California resident for whom the request is being made, provide the information set forth above for verification of the consumer request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Data relates to you. We will only use Personal Data provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the request’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within ten (10) business days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For Data Portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do Not Track
We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process Personal Data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
IV. Notice of Financial Incentives
From time to time, we may offer financial incentives to promote our products and services. These financial incentives may include: discounts, coupons, and special offers when you sign up for our email list, participate in a marketing promotion or sweepstakes, or create an account. Participation in any financial incentive program is optional. You may withdraw from the program at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The value of any financial incentive we offer is reasonably related to the value of any Personal Data you provide to us. We estimate the value of your Personal Data by considering, without limitation, the expenses we incur from collecting your Personal Data and/or providing the financial incentive to you, the revenue generated by your use of the financial incentive, and any improvements we can make to our products and services based on aggregating information obtained through the financial incentive program. Please note that we may provide additional terms that apply to a particular financial incentive. If applicable, those terms will be presented to you at sign up.
- Applicability of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to the Terms and Conditions and any agreements that govern your use of the Services. This Privacy Notice applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the Services.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information from or about you collected by any third-party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from, the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices, and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
For more information about how users with disabilities can access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us through the above contact methods.
- Modifications and Updates to this Notice
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Malt Group Corporation
5401 Alvo Road
Lincoln, NE 68514
For more information about how users with disabilities can access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us.
Effective: April 20, 2023